Website and General Privacy Statement
I and my associates at Touching the Light take your privacy seriously and we want to enjoy a trusting and longlasting relationship with all of our photography clients and friends. Thanks for reading it.
This privacy statement covers data we collect online or via transmitted forms.
We are Ken Scott Photography, trading as ‘Touching the Light’ and using the brands ‘Touching the Light’ – http://touchingthelight.co.uk, ‘Photovate’ – http://www.photovate.co.uk, ‘Coast17’ – http://touchingthelight.co.uk/coast and ‘Atom 2011’ – http://touchingthelight.co.uk/atom.
This policy was last modified on 21 May 2018. Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use of our website.
What data do we gather and when?
This policy covers the following scenarios when we may have access to your personal data via our websites:
- You use our contact form
When you use our contact form, we require your name and email address or other contact information as required to enable us to respond to your enquiry. Such information will not be used for any other purpose without your express consent.
- You subscribe to a newsletter
Your name and email address are required for us to send you email. Your consent to receive email directly or via our managed email service (currently Mailchimp) is explicit and may be withdrawn at any time by using the Unsubscribe option. By subcribing to an email service, you consent that you name and email address is stored remotely on Mailchimp’s servers, not our own. The data and our use thereof is subject to Mailchimp’s Terms and Conditions.
- You make a booking with us
When you make a booking with us for workshops, you will be asked to complete a form containing your personal data and that for any other participant for whom you are making a booking. That data includes: name, address, email, contact telephone numbers, travel insurance number and issuer, dietary preferences, medical conditions and travel details such as flight numbers. Such information is required in order to ensure your safety and enjoyment at our events.
If you send the booking forms by email, the forms are printed and kept in a safe file, and are not filed electronically.
Your name, email and contact telephone numbers only are kept for a minimum of six years, or other time as required by business legislation.
- You buy a product from us
From time to time our websites may provide links for making a purchase. Purchases are processed by a third-party such as PayPal or other respected payment gateway. We have no access to any data relating to your bank account, credit or debit cards used in such transactions, and record only your name and contact details.
- You make a comment on the website (with and without registration)
When you leave comments on the websites we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. Comments and their metadata are retained indefinitely.
- You register with the website
To supply or subscribe to content you must be registered with the website. Registration requires your name, contact email and a username. Such information is stored in your user profile, which you can see, edit, or delete at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- You login to the website
The website uses various security measures to protect its integrity. For every login and attempted login an IP Address is recorded. For registered users this IP Address is linked to your user profile, which can be viewed by website Administrators and technical support staff only.
- You supply content to the website
When you supply content to the website (available only to logged in and registered users) your name is published with the content.
How do we protect and share your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information:
- We do not disclose your personally identifiable information to any other party for any reason whatsoever other than where required to do so by law, or, as in the circumstances below, to ensure your safety and enjoyment.
- We do not keep ANY personal data on a computer system other than your name, email address, postal address and contact telephone numbers. Only the data controller and immediate staff have access to any data stored electronically or on paper file.
- For online bookings and payments when available, we offer the use of a reliable and secure third party shopping cart for WordPress and trusted payments via PayPal. All personal data and card details you supply are transmitted securely through our payment gateway to PayPal. We do not store credit card or any other financial information anywhere.
- In conjunction with our web partners we use third-party security measures to protect the integrity of the website and to keep registration data secure.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. You have the option in your web browser to accept or decline cookies.
We use only the following cookies:
- WordPress session cookies: These are required to enable WordPress to function properly, for example remembering if you, the user, are accessing the website on a computer, handheld or mobile device. Most session cookies are removed when you close your browser, and you have the choice in your browser to clear cookies automatically.
- Form Cookies: If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- Login cookies: When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies are removed when you log out of your acount.
Third-party Links and Embedded Content
Articles and Pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.) from other websites. We will visibly identify the source of embedded content when publishing it. Embedded content from another website behaves in the exact same way as if you had visited that website.
We also include direct links to other websites.
Oher websites have separate and independent privacy policies and may use your data in different ways. We accept no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of third-party websites (see also Terms and Conditions)
To monitor site usage and trends for the purposes of managing and improving our website we may from time to time use statistics such as those provided by Google Analytics. Such statistics are anonymous – http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
Access to your Data
You may at any time request access to your data by contacting the Data Controller. We will undertake to supply you with the information you are entitled to within one month.
You may request amendment to or deletion of the data we hold at any time.
Further information may be obtained from the Information Commissioners Office (ICO)
Site Small Print
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use of our website.